Wednesday, October 5, 2011

One-Way to Alzenau Germany


"Why did you buy a one-way ticket?"


I can't really answer that question without providing you with a very long winded answer.  Although, I will say this - $372 (Cdn) Vancouver direct to Frankfurt.  Deal.

Despite the fact that I have done this before...there is something very different about this "trip" to Europe and quite frankly, it was a little harder to say good-bye to my loved ones.

At this point I am not sure where I will end up and whole idea of of not having a plan is VERY daunting.  However, the following quote makes the whole trip justifiable for me.

"If you are not living on the edge, then you are taking up way too much space." unknown

It is my discipline and my way of life.

I am very, very blessed to be among great friends Heidi and Silke here in Frankfurt and there will be more friends to see in the near future.

To all of my friends in North America, I will miss you all and I will keep in touch with you.


Alzenau, Germany

Silke picked me up at the airport and it was great to see her again.  We fled from the airport and went out for a quick lunch within her little town.  After devouring my German meal consisting of pork sausages and mashed potatoes (oh and the brilliant beer) Silke and I decided to take our cameras and go for a long walk around the town.  She felt it would be better to keep me active rather than have me crash on the bed and take a nap.  Good thing I did too because I needed to relax and learn how to take photos with this new camera.  Apparently, Silke's camera is better and...longer than mine!

Hours later, we met up with Heidi and Silke's new boyfriend at Hotel Gasthof. We have been going to to this place for dinner for the last 4 years; and what was nice is that we always sit at our "usual" spot in the corner of the restaurant.  Furthermore, we concluded the night by drinking our traditional shot(s) of German Schnapps. It tasted like...burning!

Dora, Silke's mother was kind enough to buy us all dinner.  Danke Dora!


Silke kissing Phil.  "I miss you Pumpkin!"









































No comments:

Post a Comment